Here at the Acupuncture and Chinese Herb Center, we strictly follow the traditional principles and practices of Traditional Chinese Medicine as taught by the leading TCM universities and as passed down through thousands of years of clinical experience. We strongly believe that a thorough and accurately performed clinical evaluation is key to diagnosis and treatment. Unfortunately, this is not performed or performed incorrectly at some Acupuncture and TCM practices. A thorough and accurate clinical evaluation which follows the principle teachings of TCM include:
- Pulse reading: TCM teaches that there are over 30 different pulse patterns which correspond to different diseases and is key to evaluation and diagnosis.
- Tongue examination: TCM principles state that the tongue must be examined for color, shape, and coating which are essential to evaluation.
Here at the Acupuncture and Chinese Herb Center, we are clinically experienced and knowledgeable with the modern treatment of diseases. We strongly believe in collaboration with western medicine in the treatment of disease and we have over 30 years of clinical experience which shows the effectiveness of this approach. This is why we strongly recommend our patients to consult a medically licensed physician first to acquire a disease diagnosis and acquire lab test results as well as CT/MRI results. This way we are able to tailor our treatments in a more direct and effective pathway. Lab results are also useful in that we are able to use them as a marker to evaluate the effectiveness of our treatments.
Our clinic offers
- Chinese herbs
- Pediatric Tuina (Acupressure). Tuina is effective for children since children often worry about needles and the taste of herbs.
Treatment and specialties
- Depression, Anxiety, Insomnia,Stress,Bell’s palsy, Dizziness, Vertigo,Headache,Migraine.
- Irregular&heavy or Painful Menstruation,Endometriosis, ,infertility in man and woman,PMS, Menopause, Uterine bleeding, Uterine fibroids,Yeast infection,Sexual Dysfunction.
- Common cold, Flu, Sinus infection,Tonsillitis, Bronchitis, Asthma, Allergies, Cough.
- High blood pressure, High cholesterol, Palpitation, Anemia, Diabetes, Poor circulation, Swelling.
- Hair loss, Psoriasis, Shingles, Eczema, Hives, Acne, Skin infection.
- Food allergies Peptic Ulcer,Diarrhea, Constipation, Indigestion, Gastrointestinal weakness, Anorexia, Gastritis, Stomach pain, Hemorrhoids, Heartburn, Nausea, Irritable bowel syndrome. Stomach flu.
- Stress incontinence, Urinary tract infection, Prostatitis, Weight loss, Addiction of alcohol,drugs and nicotine.
- Rhinitis, Weak vision, Laryngitis.
- Rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple sclerosis, Osteoarthritis, Lupus, Chronic fatigue Hypothyroidism, Immune deficiency.
- Back pain, Carpal tunnel syndrome, Knee pain, Neck pain, Sciatica, Shoulder pain, Frozen shoulder, TMJ, Fibromyalgia, Tennis elbow, Heel pain,Hip pain, Tailbone pain, Numbness, Disk problems, Feet pain, Neuropathy, Spinal Stenosis, Trigeminal neuralgia, Bursitis.
Factors that affect the acupuncture treatment
- Diagnosis: The acupuncturist listens to complaints and asks questions. The Acupuncturist also does a detailed physical exam including examining the tongue and checking pulses. With all of this focused information, the acupuncturist is able to make a decision towards a diagnosis. This is a very important part since if the diagnosis is wrong, the treatment cannot be correct.
- Choice acupoints and treatment techniques: Acupuncture treatment is based on the stimulation of a group of acupoints which give the brain a signal. The recovery system of the brain tries to maintain the bodies balance. Chinese medicine believes when one organ has a problem, this leads to problems in other organ systems. This is why an acupuncturist always chooses a group of acupoints from different organ systems. The human body has over one thousand acupoints. The correct acupoints have obvious effects on treatment results. Acupuncturists never use the same group of acupoints to treat the same illness. Not all acupoints which work in one patient works for another patient. After an acupuncturist chooses the correct acupoints, he has to choose which techniques to use for insertion of needles and the frequency of stimulation of these acupoints. This is extremely important for the effectiveness of treatment.
- Treatment Environment: Acupuncture has the goal of making the body balanced during the treatment process. A comfortable and quiet environment is a big factor. Please shut down your cell phone during the treatment process. Please do not have other guests in the treatment room. Please refrain from having children under 18 in the treatment room.